1. When was Canaan established?
Canaan first started its business developing Bitcoin mining machines incorporating ASIC technology in 2013 through Beijing Canaan Creative Information Technology Co. Ltd., which was subsequently renamed to Hangzhou Canaan Creative Information Technology Co. Ltd., or Hangzhou Canaan, in September 2015.
2. When does Canaan's fiscal year end?
Canaan's fiscal year ends on December 31.
3. On which exchange is Canaan's stock traded and what is the ticker symbol?
Canaan expects to list on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol "CAN."
4.How many Canaan's ordinary shares does one American depositary share ("ADS") of the company represent?
Each ADS represents 15 Class A ordinary shares.
5. How can I obtain a copy of Canaan's Annual Report?
Annual reports are available via this website. All SEC documents are also accessible online through the SEC
6. Who is Canaan's U.S. legal counsel?
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
7. What is Canaan's depositary bank for ADSs?
The Bank of New York Mellon.
8. Who are Canaan’s underwriters?
The deal was underwritten by Citigroup Global Markets Inc., China Renaissance Securities (Hong Kong) Ltd. and CMB International Capital Ltd.
9. How does Canaan intend to use its proceeds from the IPO?
Canaan said it intends to use the proceeds from its IPO for research and development of AI algorithms and applications, along with blockchain algorithms and applications. It also plans to invest in its expansion of AI and blockchain business globally, supply chain optimization and to repay debts, as well as in other general corporate purposes, according to the prospectus.